2 Peter 3:9


The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance ~ 2 Peter 3:9

God’s workings do not flow in our time – ever. We may want Him to work in our time, and in our way, but God is God! He is supreme in His knowledge and understanding, and sees so much more than we ever can or will. When we want something to happen today or tomorrow, we desire to put that in place. It may not be the right time for that to happen, and a cause and effect comes about that need not have. We then realize the plans were ours, and not God’s. God is the God of the 99th hour, some say. That may be so, and I have seen and witnessed that aspect, God is a God of faithfulness, and His promises are fulfilled often, it seems, in the last moment. It is then we realize God had everything under control, though we doubted and worried. We look around our world and we see everything going helter skelter. As Christians we also see evidences the end times coming and know soon our Lord will return. On that day, those who are non-believers will know that He is the Lord God Almighty. The first century disciples believed Jesus would come very, very soon – before they died, in fact. It has been centuries, and still He has not returned. The world says in scoffing, “There is no God. God is within me, I make myself god, I set my own path, I make things work in my time.”  God says, “I want you to come to me, to know me, to love me as I love you.” God waits. God desires you, but He is also patient in waiting for you. God wants a big family, and He will adopt all who come. He wants you to be with Him, forever and ever. He died for you and took your sins. He has a new life for you. Will you receive Him today?
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19