James 1:12


Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him ~ James 1:12

Did you ever stop in the midst of your trial to believe you are blessed? I don’t think the majority of us think that way, but instead pray and wish it was all taken from us and over with. James is applauding those of us who persevere, who keep walking the walk and talking the talk in the midst of struggle. Not many of us think about the reward we will receive for persevering, we just keep going, we keep praying, we keep hoping for those answers. Sometimes we have them come to us, and sometimes we do not. The Lord has allowed those trials to come sometimes to correct me and to bring me back to Him. I am like any sheep and can wander. Other times, it is the world and circumstances which come unexpectedly and my faith in God is what leads me through them. I do not blame God for either, for Jesus said that we will have trials and tribulations in this world. This I know, my Lord is there with me in the trial whether that is corrective or circumstantial, and I want to be strong for Him. That is what helps me persevere until the end. He did so much for me, how could I do less?
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19