Psalm 139:23, 24


Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! Psalm 139:23, 24

Search me, O God, because I know that I cannot look at myself with objective eyes. I know that when I see myself, I see what I want to see in me and often it is misguided. But, Lord, I know that when you search me, you will see me as I am. You see my sins, my shortcomings, my humanity. You see where I have let you down, and others too, but thankfully, you also look past my errors and forgive me when I come to You.  You know my heart, through and through, and I ask you to search me out, to uncover what may be offensive in me, for Lord, I do not want to bring offense to you or to those who belong to you. I want to know Lord, that there is nothing blocking my way to you, or there is nothing that will keep me from entering into your presence. For I desire Lord, to be with you in relationship here on this earth for the rest of the time allotted me, and then to be with you forever in your kingdom in heaven. Lead me forward, Lord, in righteousness and holiness, help me to bring glory to you in all my ways. Amen.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19