Isaiah 12:2


Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense, he has become my salvation ~ Isaiah 12:2

God is my source of salvation. I cannot save myself, or redeem myself. Barnes says God is the author or source of our salvation and I think this is very apt. Jesus, our Saviour, and part of the Godhead was sent by God the Father through His covenant promise, to save the whole world. I trust in Him for my salvation, and as such, I can rest secure that I am safe from all His wrath and condemnation, and from every enemy of my soul. I am not afraid of Satan, the world, death, eternal separation from God in hell, for my soul is safe in the power of Christ through the blood of Christ! I need not depend on any other for my salvation; not friend, or spouse, or parent or child, for not one of those can save me. There is no earthly relationship I can trust in to defend me the way the Lord will defend me, or strengthen me the way I know He will strengthen me. Even when I feel weak in myself, I know that the Lord will suffice, in fact He will give me exactly what I need to face any situation which I may encounter, if I but trust! In Him, I need not fear, praise God! I offer myself up to Him, and He brings me into His ‘city of habitation!’
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19