Romans 8:26


In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans ~ Romans 8:26


Many days, many times, I have the words for prayer. It comes forth and flows fairly naturally as I converse with my Lord God. I hope in the God I worship to hear me, and to receive my words, as I pray in the name of Jesus and believe in Him, my intercessor. He is my Living Saviour, my High Priest, standing at the right hand of God the Father. But there are times when my pain has been so deep that my words will not come. There are times when my agony is so piercing that what words I may speak would not be enough. And so, in my deep, black moments, I come before my God and let my darkest emotions erupt in sounds that only He can understand. The Holy Spirit within me cries out in my stead, and He becomes my second intercessor. It is not that He is not there with me in all my prayers, but there are times when I am so drained and weary, weak and insufficiently qualified to know what I should say to God, or to ask of God, and so, He helps me call out to my God. My heart may not understand my sounds, but my heart knows God does, and in these moments, I know He hears every guttural sound I make, and He will respond. The Holy Spirit within carries my heart’s cry into the Throne Room of God when I cannot.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Isaiah 43:19