2 Thessalonians 3:3

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one ~ 2 Thessalonians 3:3

This little verse comes part way through Paul’s letter as a request for prayer. Prayer that God’s message will be spread, and prayer that deliverance will come from wicked and evil people. Are these the things you pray for? Perhaps, and perhaps not, but what Paul is saying is to trust in the Lord.  When I pray I imagine what it is happening in the heavens! It is moving God’s angels into battle, my prayers are filling God’s throne room with a sweet scent and a pleasing aroma. My prayers are being heard by God Almighty! And my Great Advocate, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour, stands at his Father’s right hand interceding for me! I know for some it is hard to believe that a God in heaven listens to our prayers. I know for many, including me, it is at times hard to wait for an answer from God. But I have seen answers come, I have seen people cured, maybe not immediately as when Jesus walked the earth and He reached out to touch someone, but healing has come to that one. I have seen lives turned around, including my own, because of prayer answered. Paul writes that the Lord Jesus is faithful, that strength will come to you and protection will be over you. You will one day look back on your trials and wonder how you made it through them, until you realize the strength was not your own, but given to you by God, the protection you received was at the hand of God, and the evil one could not claim you for you belong to God! The Lord is faithful! Amen!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19