Psalm 23:1, 2

The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters ~ Psalm 23:1, 2

There are many days I go through when I wonder when those green pastures will show up in view. Where is my resting place, where is my place of solace? The journey toward this place leaves me wondering if I will forever be in the darkest valley, feeling alone and lonely. Do you ever feel that way too? It calls on all the faith I can muster to know the Lord is with me when I am in the dark valley. But, deep, deep down, oh I know He is there, but for now I am wanting and waiting for all my darkness to go away. Faith calls me to continue to walk with Him, for I know He will lead me and guide me to this place of rest. I know not what the journey will entail, I do not know how long I will be in the place where I am, but I know my God is faithful and His word is true. He will fulfill His promise toward me. He knows where to feed me, for His grace and mercy will lead me to that wonderful pasture. I know He watches over me, though I feel far from Him, for He is my Shepherd, and I know that when I stray He will lead me back for He will search me out in the thickets of life. Oh, bring me into the shade of the trees amongst the tall grasses, bring me to the living waters that flow through the fields. Bring me to the place of rest and relief, for I need the strength which comes from you, my Lord and my God. You are my Shepherd. In you I will lack nothing.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19