Ephesians 3:16


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being ~ Ephesians 3:16

This short prayer of the Apostle Paul is full of grace, conveying ideas of great importance to any that read it. Herein is the measure of God’s power to each that ask and to each that prays it over another: that He may strengthen you. We measure our strength by what we can do for ourselves, how we can be self-sufficient and make our way in this world with only self to thank. The Christian, on the other hand, measures strength by his or her limitations, and this is the key to gaining the inward power necessary in life. It is through the gift of the Holy Spirit we gain such strength and power, and this, through faith. Faith gives us inward peace, granted through Christ living within our heart. He is the Lord of our righteousness and of our strength; He is our hope and our glory. Faith opens the doorway to love, and in Christ we are grounded in His love, rooted deep by his love, and nourished by that love. The love and faith we are filled with can only lead to our having a greater understanding than that which we would have by our own power. His wonderful and marvelous knowledge then is pressed into my heart of understanding not only his will and his way, but that I am not alone. Surrounding me are all the holy ones, both angels and mankind, and into their presence I have been called and permitted. All this I receive through prayer. His strength becomes my strength, His power, mine. Through my connection into His presence, I am lifted up, much higher than I could ever lift myself by my own strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19