Psalm 27:14

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord ~ Psalm 27:14


Wait, the psalmist says, wait…

We are in such a hurry these days. A hurry for our fast food meal, a hurry for our lives to get back to “normal”, so much so that some people are ignoring what is best for them and for other people when it comes to social distancing. While writing this morning, I had to pause and wait to finish this meditation as my granddaughter started to message me. She has taken my thoughts in another direction. You see, she had just had her birthday and as I could not visit with her, she wanted to send me all the pictures of her birthday presents. How fitting that she should “interrupt” me when I am writing and meditating on “waiting”. What a gift I just received, just because I took the time to wait on all her short little messages, her pictures, her words in between the photos she sent. It is an example to me of what this verse is saying, be patient and wait for the Lord and in your waiting, you will be made strong. In what? Well, I can tell you I was made strong in the love bond between my granddaughter and me in our little conversation this morning. I could have brushed her off quickly so that I could write what I thought I should write, but instead I paused and waited and wrote what has now greater meaning for me and I pray for you. You see, God wants us to wait upon Him too, for He has good things in mind for us, and when we rush ahead of Him, we miss out. I think of Abraham and Sarah and the impatience lesson we can learn from them. We have a hard time remembering that God’s timing is not our timing, but it is always perfect. So, today, if you have a full heart and you are in the space of waiting on the Lord, have faith, take heart, and be patient in your waiting. He has heard your cry and He will attend to you, in whatever way is perfect for you.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19