Joshua 24:15

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord” ~ Joshua 24:15


Today was a beautiful, autumn day! The sun was shining bright, the air was warm, and it was a great day for walking. I went out early with my dog and went up to the park where there is a bench. I sat down and took my time today, where usually I am in a rush to get back to have my coffee, but this day seemed to beckon me to linger. I looked up at the sun through the trees and thought of how grateful I was to the God I believe in. His mercy and love for me is a blessing every day, and I wanted to just sit and rest in my praise for Him. He is the God I have chosen to serve. I know there are many faith groups in our world today. I know there are many who believe strongly in what their truth is. Truth, however, has become more subjective than objective as truth is now what I believe, and for you it is what you believe. But there is an ultimate Truth, and that is the Truth which comes from God alone into our spirit through His Spirit. There are many gods in this world which people have taken up to follow, and, as it says in Joshua, there is a choice. If you believe in another god, I hope you know exactly what it is that you are believing in, and what you are hoping for. I believe that my God is the only way, the only truth, the only life for all people. I believe that knowing my God is the only way to find complete healing and restoration. I believe that my God is the only way to eternal life through the salvation of His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the God and Father of Jesus Christ is the God I will serve, always.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19