Psalm 119:18

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law ~ Psalm 119:18


Open my eyes to what is beautiful in your word, Lord, reveal to my naked eye all that I may take away from your word. Minister to me in the deepest part of my soul, for I am hungry for your word to speak to my heart. I want to sense all that is wondrous and amazing, and all that is hidden from the view of the common person.
The law the psalmist refers to is “Torah”. The wonders that God can and will teach will change him in a profound way, and empower within him holiness, love and mission. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says to us, “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” Without God’s help, we cannot see. The reason we cannot is because we are a fallen and corrupt beings without the work of His saving grace. Ephesians 4:18 explains it this way: “they are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.” Without God, that is our plight. We are guilty, corrupt, hard of heart, and ignorant. We are blind without the awakening, humbling, purifying, and enlightening work of God in our heart. We need to pray to God for help, to save us from the desperate situation we are in. Prayer is essential for it is the key to unlocking the power of God’s word in our lives. If we are not changed, we cannot claim to be Christians. In Ephesians 1:18, Paul prays this way. He says, “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so that you will know what is the hope of His calling . . .” Will you pray this way today, for yourself as the psalmist prayed for himself, and as Paul did as he prayed for others? Open our eyes, Lord.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19