Romans 8:26

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. ~ Romans 8:26


Prayer – the beautiful language between God and me which unites and draws us closer. As a people, we think we cannot pray “good enough”. We compare ourselves to others, but God does not. He listens to our heart, our murmurs, our cry. He does not listen to me and ask why I don’t pray with more elaborate words, or why I don’t pray like so-and-so. He wants to hear what I have to say, no matter how humble my words may be. When I don’t know what to say, I sit and listen, just concentrating on the attributes of God. Sometimes, yes, I speak in a language I do not understand, but I know my God does. I feel the pangs in my heart and the words lift into the presence of my loving God and Saviour. Prayer is the loving relationship I have with my God and Lord. I know and believe that God wants to hear me, and he wants to hear you as well. He is your friend, my friend, and as you would sit and have a coffee with a friend, sit and talk with them, sharing your thoughts, your feelings, your pains, your joys, so our God wants us to sit with him and share all those same things. Stop comparing and start talking. He wants, he desires that you come to him to talk.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19