Psalm 139:23, 24

 Search me, God, and know my heart;

    test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,

    and lead me in the way everlasting ~ Psalm 130:23, 24


These words should be our prayer every morning as we start our day and every night before shutting our eyes. Often in the night hours, our minds may awaken us and our thoughts drift to our daylight hours. What has taken place in those hours? Have financial troubles come our way? Did I have sharp words with a friend or a loved one? Did I fail to follow the leading of God’s Spirit, or am I worried about tomorrow’s doctor appointment? Our mind takes us to many places in the midnight hours. And then, when we awaken, our experiences, our activities, our interactions too can lead us into places where we had not planned to go with our words and our thoughts. Search me, O God, and wipe away all that is offensive in me. May I not bring a scourge to your name. May I always live a life that honours you. May my tongue not deceive me, and my actions portray Jesus, always. These are the prayers I ask. When we fail to acknowledge that our strength and purity comes from the Lord God, we are more apt to bring him shame. The world watches those who call themselves Christians. If we fail to live a God-like life, how can we spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to others? How can we show them the way if we fail to walk in the way? Test me, O God. Cleanse me and make me new again in you. I need this every single day, Lord. I desire to be led in the everlasting way to you.

Pastor Julia 

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19