John 11:25, 26

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” ~ John 11:25, 26


The words of comfort for Martha are words of comfort for us still today. I have the confidence in Jesus Christ and know that those I have loved in the past and believed in him are now with him in paradise. I believe and know I will be with him as well. It is comforting to know that the last time I saw a loved one here on earth will become a great reunion when I come into God’s eternal home and see them in spirit once more. I mourn for those who do not see Jesus as Saviour, but I also know that my Lord will go to all lengths to bring someone home to be with him. I cannot know in the last moments of a person’s life if they will accept what they would not accept while living. That is not for me to judge. I will pray for my loved ones here on earth that walk away from him at this time, and I will continue to do so, knowing that God hears my prayers. I have said before that my grandmother prayed with my sister for thirteen years for me, but my grandma died before I came to know Christ. It may be so for me and those I now pray for. This I do know…God will always be ready to receive them when they do turn toward him. He died on the cross for all people of all nations and cultures, and whoever, not some, believe in him will receive eternal life!  

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19