Proverbs 16:3

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans ~ Proverbs 16:3


On Sunday I was reminded that we cannot order our plans, for we do not know what tomorrow will bring. The scriptures say our life is like grass, the wind blows over it and it is gone (Psalm 103:16). We make plans, but our life is gone before we know it, and our plans have not come to fulfillment for one reason or another. Even when we have good intentions with our plans, we do not know what may come up the next day which will take us away from our plan. Here we are told to commit to the Lord whatever we do, and he will establish our plans. This means I come to him in prayer and supplication, seeking his desires for my life. What does God have in mind for you or me today, or tomorrow, or a month from now? It does not mean I will be around even in a year to see the fruition of those plans, but they will be established through the power of God with me, or without me. It does mean that I will be a part of what God is doing in this world in which I have been planted. To establish a plan means it is built up. It is to make something firm, or stable, so that it can grow. To establish something means it will thrive and multiply. Right now, in our church setting we are taking up donations for Ukraine, and each dollar will be multiplied by 4. This is what it is to commit to the Lord, here with finances, and he makes it grow as he establishes it. When we place any plan in God’s way, and it is in his will, he will do what our Convention is doing with each dollar – multiply it. Who then would not want to be a part of God’s plan for multiplication?   

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19