Isaiah 29:13

The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught ~ Isaiah 29:13
So many times in the Old Testament God had to warn his people to not just pay him lip service, but to truly love and worship him. Even when Jesus came, this same problem was present. The Pharisees and Scribes did no better. But, did it stop there? No, for too often our world does the same thing and comes to worship God from the basis of tradition and history rather than to give to Him the awe he should have from a people who love and adore him. We live in a society which claims to be "Christian" yet it is a title only. When it comes to making Christ Lord over all of life, he is left in the background for emergency purposes. When I am in crises I will pray, when it is Christmas or Easter I will attend a community of worship...or, I believe in God but he has no power over my life or my decisions, they say. I would rather not be called a Christian, but a Christ follower! Paying honour to God from my heart is more important than living with a title. Christian means little in our day and age...Christ follower means He is Lord of all of my life! I will honour him with my heart! I will be a Christ follower!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19