1 John 5:14

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us ~ 1 John 5:14

The confidence we have in approaching God - what a beautiful statement! His Throne Room is open, there are no closed doors to coming before the Lord with our requests, or being in His presence. Though we do not "see" God visually, we know that when we pray we are immediately with Him, and we know that He sees and hears us. And He desires to answer us, as long as what we ask is according to His will. In other words, I am not sure that if I ask Him to help me will a lottery, He will grant it. Or if I ask Him to show me how to rob a bank He will give me the tools, the know-how, the accomplices to do that either! God's will is always shown clearly in His Word. God's will is also bigger than me, and it must include that which will bring glory to God, not to me. Winning a lottery or robbing a bank brings notice to me, not to Him. But if I ask for more grace, or more wisdom (which we should always seek), or if I ask Him to show me what He wants me to do today, He will gladly show and guide me in these ways. If I come to Him and do not know Him, He will be very glad to receive me as His child. So, this is my urging for you today: go to God and ask Him to reveal how He wants to use you today for His glory and for your encouragement, then see what He will do. And, if you do not know Jesus, have not accepted Him into your heart, ask Him to come in and reveal Himself to you. He will cleanse you and make you whole. That is our confidence, that is our joy!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19