Jeremiah 17:7

But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord whose confidence is in him ~ Jeremiah 17:7

Blessed is the one who trusts God in all circumstances of life, for they know that the objects of life around them are fleeting, but God is the God of forever. We so easily put our faith in objects of the world. We begin first thing upon the opening of our eyes. Today I will do this, and what I do will go according to my schedule. This is my plan, and I have it under control. But, we have no idea really what a day will bring. It could bring sickness, poverty, death. Some of us place our trust in the logic of numbers, or in our job, and then when the numbers don't add up or our job is lost, we lose hope. Others may trust there really is no God, and that the life they have lived without Him was a "good life" and the reward will still be theirs. But Jesus had other words about this subject. He said, "I am the resurrection and the Life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die" (John 11:25). Life everlasting and the reward are only there for those who believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour. Our confidence cannot be in the objects of the world, for they will not bring true satisfaction and joy. Our confidence has to look and see the God who created us, the God who formed and knew us before we were born, and has a divine purpose for us. We cannot grow and multiply when our confidence is in the material. Growth comes by trusting in the God that says, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine" (Isaiah 55:8). Come and see what I am capable of doing, says the Lord. Where is your confidence today? In whom and what do you trust?
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19