Acts 2:21


And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved ~ Acts 2:21

Anyone and everyone who calls out to Jesus is brought into the saving grace of Him who died for us! The resurrected Lord Himself draws us near to Him, beckoning us to receive His poured-out redemption. I was talking to a neighbour and he asked me what I did as a “job”. (Of course, I do not think of what I do as a pastor a job – it is a calling on my life!) I told him I was a pastor, and he went in to a long story about his background, finishing with “He was too much of a sinner to go to church.” Church, or anywhere we encounter Christ, is exactly where we should be, for church is the hospital for the sick, or, it should be. But most certainly near Christ is the hospital for the sick. Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners” (Mark 2:17; Luke 5:31, 32; Matthew 9:12, 13). His healing power releases us from the bondage of sin – all sin. He releases us from the bondage of guilt, and remorse; from our past offences. The Apostle Paul stated there was no one less worthy of the grace found in Christ, yet, look at how he was favoured by God to spread the Gospel message! The love and grace Paul found is waiting for all who will call upon the name of Jesus. I know, I found it, and so did you! Spread the news! He saves!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19