Jeremiah 17:10


I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve ~ Jeremiah 17:10

I can’t hide my thoughts from God! Not one of them will escape His examination! He knows my every motive, my every heart desire; He knows my faithfulness and my faithlessness. I cannot deceive Him. I may be able to put on a false face for others, for they cannot see into the depths of my heart until I do the great reveal, but God does not need my permission. God enters my heart, going into every corner; He prods every dark spot and walks through every locked door. The Lord searches me through and through. He tests my ways to see if I live with integrity and honesty, if I am good to my fellow person, to see if I model His ways and His thoughts as I interact with others, to see if I worship Him with my whole heart. And then, He will judge me according to the seeds I plant. And if this is so, as I am an open book to the Lord, and have all deceptions within at the ready to take control, for, as a human I am a fickle being, what gives me the right to judge others around me? I cannot see into their inner being, to assess their thoughts and motives. Yet, often that is exactly what I do. May God forgive me for my thoughts, for my fickle heart, for my judgments, and may I have the heart which is a changed heart, full of the love of God, and pure in His sight.
Devotion by Pastor Julia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19