Psalm 91:1


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty ~ Psalm 91:1

Under the eaves of the church portico a little bird nest resides. All the little branches are woven into a strong home ready for spring and new baby birds. Its location is perfect to withstand the wind and rain, and even summer heat. The little family which will soon again take up occupation there will dwell in the shelter of that outlaying church roof. If the nest was not in the proximity of the roof it would be a different matter for that family. The wind and rain would enter in, the sun would beat down, animals of prey would hunt there and devour them. Isn’t it interesting that the birds know naturally what comes to us as a strain? I must be close to God, to Jesus, if I am going to rest. If my lodging place in this rough and tumble life is going to be sheltered and safe, my place is to live in close relationship with my Lord. When I walk my own path, when I live half in the world and half with God, or, live away from God, I am susceptible to the rains and the winds and the heat of the sun, as well as becoming an open meal for my enemy. Don’t misunderstand me, the rain will still come, the wind will still blow, the sun will still be hot, and enemies may still try to come near to devour me, however, God will protect me and be with me. I will not be alone to face what may come my way. After the storm has passed, I will be safe in the arms of Jesus. He is my shelter.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19