Psalm 119:2


Blessed are those who keep his statues and seek him with all their heart ~ Psalm 119:2

To seek God with all our heart is to come in diligence searching for His mercy and love, for the sanctification of His grace, and His indwelling presence. It is to desire the fullness of God within. To seek God is to acknowledge that I have put myself aside, knowing that I am not enough, and that I need Him above self. It is to deny my desires, my wants, so that I may be filled with the One who grants my desires and fills my needs. To come “with all my heart” is to come, not with a lukewarm “maybe I need you, Lord” but to come with a definitive, parched soul searching for that which will fill it and in fact leave it with an overflowing fulfillment. In this time of Lent, and as we draw closer to the Easter Season, put aside your needless habits and come searching for the Lord with all your heart. Come without delay! Seek to do His will and to honour His ways. Then be filled with unspeakable joy and great peace, be filled with the happiness of the Lord!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19