PSALM 19:14


May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer ~ Psalm 19:14

As I turn my thoughts away from all that assails me, may I turn them rightfully to my Lord and God. May I put aside my worries and stresses, my burdens and cares, and especially my complaints as I come into His presence to worship. This psalmist has already prayed for the cleansing of his heart, and he now prays that he might be pleasing to his Lord. So too, we must come in remorse for the words we sometimes use and speak, and the thoughts which spring up within that corrupt. As I turn away from those outward influences, I turn toward the One who called me into being, the One who brought me out of the mire and the clay, the One who stands as a pillar giving strength to my life. In that space I then turn my thoughts deeper in meditation so that the words from my mouth reflect my praise, my thanks, and my need for His help. And I pray that I might be pleasing to my Lord, just as the psalmist prayed, for my life is the Lord’s.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19