1 Thessalonians 5:15


Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:15

Vengeance is a nasty way to live. It destroys our heart and our spirit, and it destroys other lives as well. I just viewed a movie screen shot where the face suddenly and dramatically changed from one of love and peace to an evil, dark-eyed demonic face and the caption was “when the real me” comes out. I thought, how horrid that is the real you! I want my “real me” to be love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. When those characteristics are the real me, I won’t have reason to pay back wrong for wrong! When the Holy Spirit guides the real me, 1 Corinthians 13 will be my motto: Love is patient, love is kind. Love will see in you what you can be, not what you may be in front of me now. Doing good for each other opens the door for us to become the person God created each one of us to be, as it allows us to be free in spirit. That is the key. Free yourself, then free others as you come into contact with them. John 8:36 says, “If the Son (Jesus) sets you free, you will be free indeed.” Believe in Him, be filled with His Holy Spirit, and you will be free!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19