Matthew 11:28


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest ~ Matthew 11:28

Do you know you were not meant to carry your burdens alone? Do you know there is Someone who will bear you up under them? Why then, is it so hard for you to let go and let God? We all have burdens. It may be our children going through the experiences of maturing, or caring for parents that are aging, or spouses that are ill. Our burden may be our home, or our workplace, or, it may be our own illness and possibly our own hurt past. Here, we have an invitation to come, to rest, to give whatever keeps you awake at night to the Lord Jesus. When He walked to the cross, you were His burden, you were the weight upon His shoulders, not out of duty, but out of Love. He did not take that burden lightly then, but gave it His all. He is still prepared to carry your need on His shoulders, and, He has asked for you to place it there. So, pray with me now…Lord Jesus, I don’t know how to ______ . Please help me with my burden, please show me the way and give me insight. I place ______ on your shoulders, and I give it/them to you. You are the Great Physician, the Omnipotent One, and I trust in you to bring resolution to my pain. Amen.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19