Romans 3:23


For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ~ Romans 3:23

The first point is that we have to recognize sin, what is sin, and how we sin. I hear more and more there is no such thing as sin. It is all under the umbrella of behaviour – I either behave well, or I behave poorly, or, others may say, this is just who I am! There is no acknowledgement of sin. Until we recognize this aspect, there can be no recognition that I fall short in God’s eyes. There can be no recognition that I need God if I do not recognize my sinfulness before Him. It’s like cancer in the body. This disease may be raging in my body without my knowledge, then my Dr. will do some tests and discover it. Most often, my choice will be to fight against the cancer, but I have to know it is there. It is the same with sin. If we as Christians do not talk about sin, if we soft-soak the Gospel message so people won’t be offended, then we are sending them to hell. Let’s face it – the Gospel is offensive! Sin is real, sin is a disease, sin separates us from God! We cannot get rid of sin, or evil, on our own accord! We may all have fallen short, but God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins, not so that we could keep on sinning, but so that we would be free and able with His helpful Spirit to make a change in our life!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19