Deuteronomy 7:9


Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments ~ Deuteronomy 7:9

There were many gods surrounding the Hebrew people; there are many gods which surround us, too. But there is only one true God, that being the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the Son Jesus, who is our Redeemer, and His Holy Spirit, our Guide. This God is faithful, and loving, and never changing. If His Word said it, He will keep it. If His Word promises it, it will come to pass. This is a promise we as Christians hold on to, especially when we have prodigal children. To know that our God will keep His covenant with multi-generations gives us hope that our children will return to the fold of God’s people. There is of course, a condition: that we love Him and keep His commandments. We live a life of grace in New Testament times under the saving power of Jesus Christ. This grace though, is a transforming grace, not one which allows me to keep on sinning. The Lord wants me to follow Him in all His ways because I love Him. When I love Him, follow Him, obey Him, my children will one day come to believe in Him. That is my hope. I will cling to the promise!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19