John 15:5


I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing ~ John 15:5

Around my block there are several homes which have vines growing on fences near the sidewalk so that I can observe them with the changing seasons. In the dead of winter, the leaves may still be there on the branches, but they are brownish in colour and look dehydrated. As spring has come upon us, I see more and more greenery that is bright and new, and leaves which are just beginning to grow, thus making the vine branches look fresh and new again. This verse reminds me of those vines I pass each day. We are those branches. Without the sustenance brought into our bodies by the power of the Holy Spirit, by connection with the Father and Son, each day, we begin to wither and become dehydrated. We turn brownish in colour, and unappealing to be near. If we want to attract others to us, to our church, to our Christian family, we must look our best. We shine bright when we are connected to Jesus in prayer, in reading scripture, in meditation, by living in obedience to His word, and by serving others as He served us. Be filled today, be fruitful today, be connected to Him, today and every day!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19