John 3:18


Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son ~ John 3:18

Not long ago a man said to me, “I cannot believe.” “Whom?” I asked. He stammered, and again said, “I cannot believe.” I said, “Whom?” “Well,” he said, “I can’t believe.” “Whom?” I asked again. At last he said, “I cannot believe myself.” “Well, you don’t need to. You do not need to put any confidence in yourself. The less you believe in yourself the better.” (D. L. Moody.) Jesus died on the cross for the whole of the world, and He died to put sin away for good, by His sacrifice. If we believe in this, if we believe Jesus died to remove the sin from our mortal beings, then we do not stand condemned before Him. Unbelief, on the other hand, is not only foolish for a man, but his fate is fixed. He has rejected the salvation offered by his Redeemer. Unbelief leaves him just as he was found. A true Christian believer is different from others, and that difference works through his whole being, turning it in a new direction, and shaping him more like Christ than he was before his belief. But this belief is more than mere acknowledgment that Jesus is God’s Son, it is an act of the whole moral nature. In coming and believing in Him, we come that we may be pardoned, and that He will achieve within you that for which He came for you. Unbelief then, is a more terrible of sins, for it denies the heart of God, and His great love for you.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19