Psalm 34:18


The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit ~ Psalm 34:18

“Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, O what a foretaste of glory divine…Filled with His goodness, lost in His love” (Frances Crosby). These are just some of the lyrics of that wonderful old hymn. It is what came to mind when I read the scripture verse this morning. When heartaches come, I know I am lost in the love of Jesus, I know He is there with me in my pain, and I know He feels what I feel and will bring me comfort. Hearts can be broken in so many ways, the pain comes in waves at times as well. And when the waves hit it may feel as though we are drowning! It is then when we turn to Jesus we find Him in the midst of it all, walking along with us. What a blessed Saviour we serve.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19