Psalm 77:11, 12


I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds ~ Psalm 77:11, 12


How and where do we see God at work in our lives? Are we even looking for Him? Is God evident in our lives, or, do we just carry on, going on our own way with God in the background somewhere? I did not choose this scripture to meditate on today, but it is amazing that it has come up as the one I should write about. Recently I asked this question of a group. The best answers I received were in the little children one worked with, and the next was answered by seeing someone whom had been ill present again in their company. My heart was broken that from a group of Christ-following people, only 3 or 4 answers came. Where is God in our lives? The psalmist here says he remembers the deeds, not only of long ago, but he will consider all God’s workings in his life, in his times of meditation, and in God’s actions in his daily living! He is looking for God and he sees God in the many! It does not say “deed” but the word is plural, meaning more than one! He will consider “all the works”, again, plural, more than one! God is not an absent God, not if we are looking for Him, praying to Him, having relationship with Him! God is very active, always moving, always bringing to Himself, and always blessing those who come to Him. He is always loving, always disciplining, always guiding, but only if we are expecting Him to do those things and allowing Him to do those things in our lives! Are you looking for God today? I ponder this: if my heart was broken, what happened to God’s heart when few answers came to my question: “Where is God working in your life?”
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19