Hebrews 4:16


Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need ~ Hebrews 4:16

Some people tremble at the feet of those in authority, fearing for their lives. We are taught from the time we are young to respect authority, and sometimes it can be overbearing, instilling a fear which is immovable. God’s throne is one of grace, willing His people to come close, and to come with the confidence that He will hear and answer. God knows what is in our heart, yet still He wants to hear us pray to Him, to seek Him, to draw near to Him. We may wonder why, if He knows me through and through, why do I need to come before His throne to receive the grace that will help me in my time of need? He knows my needs, He knows my problems and issues in life, why then should I have to speak them? It is quite simple really. He wants to know you as a friend and friends communicate with each other. Friends ask freely of each other and draw strength from each other. God created us to be His friends, and as we have good friends we can go and ask anything from, so we can do so with God. What have you need of today? Go, and ask, with confidence, for your God hears you.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19