Psalm 103:13


As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him ~ Psalm 103:13

After the age of 8 years old, I never had a father figure in the home, so this verse in the human way does not strike a chord of depth within me. I can remember fun times before my father left us, but those are vague. Some of you may not even have had what I had for perhaps your human father was never around, or left you before you have even faith memories. And, truth be told, fathers come in all sizes and shapes and with all different characteristics. Some are good, and some are not so good. When I became a Christian, things changed. I now have a heavenly Father, and in Him I find that He is compassionate and caring. He watches over me and my children and grandchildren as I pray and seek His hand over their life. This is even though they may not be aware of it. He is my provider and helps me with making my financial ends meet, and He has blessed me with brothers and sisters in not only blood that believe in Him, but also brothers and sisters in faith, and my family has been enlarged. My heavenly Father disciplines me too. Where my earthly father left off those responsibilities to my mother, my heavenly Father takes me by the hand and teaches me the way I should go, and how I can be more like His Son, Jesus. But it doesn’t just happen you know. I have to be in His family, I have to take part in the relationship, I have to be present in His room so that I can hear and follow and know. I have to listen to His words and I have to read His love letters to me, found in His holy Bible. As the psalmist says, He has compassion on those who fear Him, who stand in awe of Him, on those who love and honour Him. Amen.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19