Habakkuk 2:14


For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea ~ Habakkuk 2:14

Nature is beautiful, and in it I see God’s handiwork, but it still only gives me a small glimpse into the God I love and worship. Nature can tell me nothing of His mercy and forgiving love. It tells me nothing about the Son sent to take my place on the cross. Nature tells me nothing about how to draw closer to my God in relationship, or in following Him, or in obeying Him. But as nature surrounds us all, so the universality of God will one day be celebrated throughout this whole world. Nature is near me, the universe is around me, and it is here where any and every region will come to know the fullness of the God of heaven. The world now is ever more closer in the state it was when Habakkuk wrote these words: a state in which because of the world’s sins, God was hidden. A time will come when God will again be known, when sin will reap its reward, and when God will govern the earth. God, the Father of Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit God, the true God, will be made known and His glory will not only fill the world, but will overflow it, just as the vast waters cover the deep by their great quantity. Haley said, “This knowledge is accessible to all men everywhere; its voice covers the earth as waters cover the sea, for there is not place where God’s fulfilled prophecies are not to be found.”
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19