Proverbs 17:17


A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity ~ Proverbs 17:17

Many years ago, I had an autograph book and I had several people sign it, one being my eldest sister. She wrote these words on my page. I didn’t really understand their meaning then, but through the years I have certainly come to the realization and significance of these words. The ties of a good friendship are strong, and they love you through the good, the bad and the ugly of life. They stand by you if they are a good friend. A good friend will help you bear your burdens in life, one in whom we can share our deepest selves and be completely honest in their presence. A good friend is one we can hold in high esteem, and we then too are held in their high regard, no matter the day or the hour. But, there is a flip side too, for some troubles can scare your friends away, and troubles are where you find out who your true friends are, and what families are for. A brother will sympathize with you, will relieve you of pain by bringing comfort and support. A brother’s love is specially seen when adversity is born! When flesh and blood face adversity, a brother steps in. If we are so privileged to have a friend who is like a brother, we are blessed indeed, and I have known the both friendship of family; of my brother and my sister(s) throughout my life, and of good friends. The strength of both bonds are appreciated – friend and “brother”!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19