Psalm 19:1


The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands ~ Psalm 19:1

After I had completed my days work yesterday, I had a chance to go sit in my yard with a couple of books to relax and read. After a bit, I tipped my chair back into its reclining position and looked up at the blue sky and the fluffy clouds gently passing by. I looked up into the giant trees where the leaves on the branches were gently swaying with the breeze, and over others which were bouncing up and down from the two or three squirrels who were playing tag with each other. I saw a mother robin feeding her fledgling, and watched her careful attention as her chick balanced on a branch, its mouth open for food, and squawking in between. And I thought of God. I thought of how good He is, and loving. I thought of the beauty of what I was looking at, just in my little small yard, never mind the world around me. I live in a city which was once considered to have one of the seven wonders of the world, and I thought of all those people who had come on a holiday weekend to go sightseeing, to view the wonder of God’s creation. Too often in life we are too busy to look up and see what God has created. We rush from place to place with blinders on our eyes. When you read this little devotion, look up at the skies and thank God for the beauty of this earth, to the heavens that declare His wonders!
Devotion by Pastor Julia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19