1 Samuel 2:2


There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God ~ 1 Samuel 2:2

When I think of God as my Rock, I think of His faithfulness, stability, His unchanging nature; all those aspects of God which I can rely upon in times of distress. According to the Hebrew language, our word translated as Rock, when it is applied to our Jehovah God, means much more. When it is used in relation to God, he is our fountain, our source, our spring! There is continual help and salvation which arises from Him, and from Him alone! He never runs out of that which we need! What relief that brings to my soul. What help I may need in life, I know that I can ever turn to Him, and the resources will be there for me. When I burn out due to my own reliance upon self, I turn to the One whom I should have been relying upon in the first place and discover there is ample of what I need in Him!

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This old hymn by Frances J. Crosby came to mind and I had to share the lyrics. Oh friend, there is power in His Holy Name, there is assurance for your chaotic days, or for your peaceful nights. There is no one holy like our God, there is no Rock like our God! Hallelujah and Amen!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19