Isaiah 6:8


Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” ~ Isaiah 6:8

The voice of the Lord, in its Trinity, speaks, asking for help in teaching and spreading His news. The Lord is asking for a human being, man or woman, with nothing more than our human instincts to become more than, because of His grace and authority which is imparted into us. All one has to be is willing to serve God, and He will do the rest. There is a prerequisite though, if one wants to be used by God. We have to admit to our unworthiness before God. Only He is worthy. We must have a merciful spirit too, for God is mercy. If we cannot see beyond an outer shell of a person to their heart; if we cannot have compassion on another when they have wronged us, then we have lost our mercy. To be used by God we must come with a willing and cheerful heart, ready to follow His command, even when it is a difficult one ahead. The conditions are not ours to make, but to receive. And we must be obedient, at times pausing to ask directions. It is written that it is not “Here am I away I go,” but “Here am I send me.” This sending may be to the person next door, to another land, to another city. But wherever we are sent, it is with the Lord’s truth we proclaim His word, and, very often, the hearer will not wish or desire to listen to your words. No matter, for the Lord will give His sent one the giftedness needed for the journey, and His authority will rest upon that one whom is sent. Have you said to God, “Here am I send me”?  
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19