Proverbs 6:28


Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched? ~ Proverbs 6:28

I have watched those people walk across hot coals, and I have thought, “I would never do that!” Well, maybe not over a real bed of coals, but do I do that with my life? Do I step where I should not step, and let my feet take me where I have no right to be going? When I give way to the wiles of the world, and to fulfilling that part of me which I call my “old man”, the old part of myself before Christ came into my heart, then yes, I do go to where I should not go! My feet lead me into temptations which are in the end unwise for me to enter, and are harmful for my being. Perhaps I walked fast enough that I did not need medical attention, but I know I certainly needed spiritual medicine! There is no possibility of being unhurt by the coals I walk upon. When I pursue and practice that which is ungodly, that which Christ would not do, I am pursuing the wrong things in life, and they will always bring pain. I am a child of God, and my feet should not be walking over hot coals, but they should be walking where Christ walked, they should be pursuing what Christ pursued – peace, love and joy within myself and with my neighbour. Jesus said the path was narrow, He did not say it would test the pads of my feet to see if it burned!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19