Psalm 121:1

I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? ~ Psalm 121:1

Why is it, when help is so close in our God, do we feel He is so far away? It is an oxymoron in our life, and it is what we need our faith for, otherwise, we sink. Yet, faith building is hard! When we are in tumultuous times, when the world is shaking all around us and all looks as though we are a Joseph trapped in a well, it is hard to see the light of day! It is hard to say, “This is good for me!” Or to say, “Yes, I can see what God is doing here! All things work together for good!” Right, isn’t that what you say when the mountains are crumbling around you? One thing I know when I read the Word of God is that it is only when Joseph was in the well and when he was in prison that the affirmation that God was with him was written. God dwells in the darkest areas of our life. If I am not thinking of Joseph, I think of the disciples as they were crossing the Sea of Galilee and a storm arose. Jesus lay sleeping while they panicked and started to bail out water! “Don’t you care that we might drown?” they shouted. Jesus calmly stood up, raised His arms and the sea was calmed. Joseph went on to prosperity and leadership. Our storms of life are hard, no doubt about it. Jesus is Master of the storm and the dungeon, He is Master of our darkest times. Where does my help come from? Ever and only from Jesus! But I must do what this psalm says to do...lift up my eyes. Take them off my trouble, off my situation, and onto Him. Is it hard? Sure is! But it is the only way to find the help one needs when the rocks are falling around us.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19