Deuteronomy 31:6


Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

We fight a spiritual battle and sometimes a physical one. Our enemy could be within our mind and thoughts, or come from someone we care about, and we have the enemy of our soul working against us. I have always turned to this verse in my very difficult times, and it has brought me comfort. Being strong and courageous when I felt extremely weak helped me to keep taking one step at a time because of the promise that lay in the words at the end of the verse. My God goes with me and He will not leave or forsake me. I don’t need a great amount of faith to believe this – even a little faith will benefit me. My faith could be surrounded by great doubts and fears, but the words keep edging me forward – be strong, be courageous, keep going, be strong, be courageous, keep going…my enemy may be strong, but my Redeemer is stronger! I recall the words of the Apostle Paul who said when he was weak, he was strong. In our daily lives, our dependence must rely upon Jesus Christ not upon our own self. In my weaknesses which are emotional, physical, spiritual, I will rely upon my Christ who is my strength, my overcomer, who is faithful and trustworthy. Though I may fail, He will never fail. Even when my battle seems to be overrunning me and all seems lost, He will not give me over. He will deliver me.
Devotion by Pastor Julia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19