Ephesians 4:1


As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received ~ Ephesians 4:1

As Paul wrote, so am I, and I pray, so are you who are reading this, a prisoner for the Lord. For He has done so much for me through His saving grace, that I can be nothing but a prisoner for Him. I owe Him my all, and then some! I have given up my liberty, yet at the same time have found my fullness of liberty in Him! It is an oxymoron. By this I mean that what the Lord guides and directs me to do, I do, for His cause is my cause. I follow faithfully as though I were in chains, yet my heart says I am free. I am a child of the King now, for I have benefited from His mercy and grace, and I therefore devote myself to His service. Praise be to God! And my calling, as is yours, is to do what is right and just, to be truth tellers and honest with all people, to be trustworthy and moral. My calling, as is yours, is to emulate Jesus in our life, to be His hands and feet, to love as he loves, to help the needy and the lonely, to encourage where we can encourage, and to comfort the downtrodden and hurting we encounter in life. Every work I do, I do as unto Him. May every work you do, also be as unto Him. May our lives be worthy of His saving grace!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19