Psalm 59:16


But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble ~ Psalm 59:16

If we don’t come to God in our times of trouble, it is impossible to sing in the morning. If I don’t rely on God for my protection in my times of feebleness and neediness, how can I know He is there for me in my darkest circumstances? It is exactly because you and I come before Him in those times that we can taste of His faithfulness and trustworthiness when all the chips are down in our life. We sing of His power and strength because we have witnessed His power and strength in our life. When we are witnesses, we have first-hand experience. The Apostle Paul knew hardships, yet he could sing from his prison cell. Troubles surround us all at one time or another, what they are not is a permanent state, for our troubles wane in and out; they are not usually static. Deliverance is just around the next corner. Sometimes, when we are in the midst of our struggles it is hard to see where God is at work. It is when we look back that we can more clearly see what God was doing in us and in our life. He is our protection; He is our safety. I can sing because I know and believe this.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19