1 Peter 1:14, 15


As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do ~ 1 Peter 1:14-15

It is hard to ignore the world around us for the pressure it puts upon us, it is always beckoning us into its lures and temptations. I am not advocating here that we totally separate ourselves from the world like a hermit, but we do have to be so careful that what the world deems as good and right is what God deems as good and right. We have to have a balance point so we can make correct judgments about our actions and thoughts. This is what God’s Word gives us, a stable formula by which to base life. Our model and example is Jesus Christ. It is by submitting to His will and His way we find life in its fullest. Our former principles, and the principles of the world cannot, nor should not, conduct our model. We live in a generation which says, “If I like it, that’s good, and if I don’t, then that is my decision!” It is a world which says my thoughts, my ideas, my decisions are what is important, and it does not matter if I step on you in the meantime. Jesus did not live for his own gratification, nor conform to the customs and opinions around him. He conformed himself to the requirements of his heavenly Father. We who know the Gospel message are a light in a dark world. Once we were blind, but now we see, and if we see we are no longer ignorant of what God expects of us.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19