2 Corinthians 5:7


For we live by faith, not by sight ~ 2 Corinthians 5:7

Having faith is an exercise! If I want to be fit physically, I need to put my body on a strict regime of lifting weights, doing stretches, putting pressure on my muscles and ligaments to enable them to carry me further with less stress, to make me stronger so that I won’t injure myself when lifting; to generally help my body stay healthy. Faith is strengthened through spiritual training. Faith is believing in what we cannot see. We know tomorrow comes because it is on the calendar and because we have lived to see a great many tomorrows. Though we know we always have the chance of not seeing a tomorrow, we know it will come, nonetheless. Faith is seeing how God can transform a situation, or how what we pray for will come to be, and both are dependent upon faith, exercised faith. It is believing in the impossible because we serve a God of the impossibilities. We believe in the existence of the invisible! Faith is to live in the confident expectation of what is to come, to have hope in God and in the heavenly realm which influences the earthly realm. When we live by faith, we live by these unseen things as though they were true, and though we cannot see them with our eye, it does not alter our actions in reference to what our faith believes. What is invisible is eternal.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19