Proverbs 22:4


Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honour and life ~ Proverbs 22:4

Humility does not mean that I disregard myself or demean who I am in myself, but it does mean that I will not regard myself on a higher esteem than I ought or have false opinions that I am better than others. To be humble is to have a temperament which will dispose me to cheerful and pleasant acceptance in all the conditions of life God places me in. Christian humility is found in my having a modest but just opinion of myself while cheerfully submitting to God’s will and following in obedience. A truly humble person whom has submitted to God has broken their self-will, a strong urge within us to be sure. It is less about me and more about God within. Barney E. Warrren wrote at hymn called,
“I Come to Thee”.
Now I come, my Lord and Savior,
Humbly kneeling at Thy feet,
Sharing in Thy richest favor,
Full salvation pure and sweet.
Lord, I will be Thine forever,
Unto Thee my all I give;
Keep my soul, that I may never
Shame Thy cause and sinful live.
Riches, and honour and life are real blessings. The humble person that seeks God will find provision for their needs, peace in life, and honour to uplift. Warren’s last line in his hymn says, “We shall on that morning vernal, Thy great majesty behold”.  May I live with humility!
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19