Matthew 12:18


Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations ~ Matthew 12:18

These are the prophetic words spoken about Jesus, quoted from Isaiah in Matthew’s Gospel. Jesus had just healed a man who had a palsied hand and before that had walked through the grain fields picking heads of grain to eat. Both incidents occurred on a Sabbath, a day when no work was to be done. Jesus, though, is Lord of every day, including the Sabbath. Jesus is righteous, faithful, and diligent in obedience to His Father, and in these qualities and more, delights God the Father. Christ is our mediator for all eternity, and as such was sent in the proper time to accomplish this service for all mankind. Jesus is the Gospel, He is the Good News for all people who believe in Him. He came to proclaim true religion to all, not the religion which says, “I cannot heal on a Sabbath day,” or “If I am hungry, I cannot find food for my nourishment on a Sabbath day.” There are principles we are to keep holy, but not at the expense of another’s well-being. We cannot be superstitious in our religion, fearing the retribution of God if we show mercy to someone on the authority of Christ. He is a merciful God, He is a just God, He is a miracle producing God, He is a benevolent God, and He is a serving God. The favour of Christ’s work is for all people.
Devotion by Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19