Proverbs 3:5


Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding ~ Proverbs 3:5

It is called the “Grace of Humility.” And of course, humility must be right, though some might think otherwise. Some might think humility will interfere with our activity or success in life. Others may think it works against and is in fact hostile to the claim of our intellect and efforts stemming from our mind. Yet, humility is not either – it is not the lack of thinking or doing; it is not to claim my idle ways. What I forfeit by destroying my self-reliance is more than recovered when I trust in the strong arm of God, my LORD. In fact, when I humble myself before God, my mental energy is increased as He leads me and guides me in His way, rather than my own. Not one of us can take care of ourselves. If I am my own master, what responsibility I have claimed! I cannot truly undertake the direction of my life, let alone another’s life. Bad advice is still bad advice if we have not searched out the One who is alone worthy of giving counsel we can trust, for the LORD is our confidence. When we acknowledge Him in all His ways, when we receive His direction at every point, we can trust in His counsel, for He will never advise any one wrongly.
Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19