Ezekiel 34:12


As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness ~ Ezekiel 34:12

When I lived down East, in New Harbour, Nova Scotia, the fog at times would come in so thick one could barely see five feet in front. The fog was literally like a wall around the area! If you lost something out in the yard on a foggy day you had a lot of searching to do, for you could not visually see it. This verse reminded me about New Harbour’s fog. Ezekiel writes that God will look for us in the places that are cloudy and dark, and He will rescue us. We know Ezekiel is talking to the Jews which were spread throughout Babylon, and for them it was a time of great affliction. Taken from their homes and land, made prisoners in another land which was not God’s chosen land was a terrible time for them. The promise, for them and for us, is God will look for us, even though we cannot see Him. Unlike when I would go out into the fog of New Harbour and could not see in front of me, God can and does see through the dark clouds which surround us. And, He will come to bring us aid. Christmas and Easter are the bookends of dark turning to Light. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19