Exodus 15:2


“The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him ~ Exodus 15:2

This is a song of praise, rising up from Moses and the children of Israel. They have been freed from slavery to the Egyptians, they have crossed the Red Sea to safety, and now, they exalt the God who from His divinity has rescued them. They have overcome their enemy, they have been strengthened and have gained courage in their victory; He is their salvation. Christ is our strength, we who are the spiritual Israel. He gives strength to our lives, our hearts, and strength to do His will and His work. It is not always easy. We may feel people are against us, and perhaps some are. We will face temptations of all sorts that we have to overcome. We may have to bear up under extreme cases of affliction or persecution. None of this we do alone, for we have a strong Strengthener and Defender in Jesus Christ. He is my salvation, He is my God. He is my husband, Father, brother, my friend, and it is with great joy I exalt Him, for He has come close to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19